Tuesday 18 June 2024

A Fragment

When I'm hungry and depleted

When I feel tired and low

I pick up a book

Perhaps Blake, Rumi, Wordsworth

And, once more, I begin to feel nourished

I'm fed heartily with a steaming plate of poetry and wisdom

These poems, these combinations of words and ideas across time

Not only keep me going on weary days

They also guide me towards something

Each poem is a finger pointing, and a voice softly saying

"This way my friend, this way. You've been lost for a while"

Poems can only help show you the way

But only you can make the steps of your journey

And your destination is beyond words

No comments:

Post a Comment

Western Values

  A certain narrative ha s become more prominent in recent times , with various well-known proponents . T his narrative tell s us that ...