Wednesday 4 October 2023

A Fragment

My home is darkness 

This is where I live and thrive

My winding tendrils stretch and curl through the earth

I seek the low places, the depths, the places people ignore and neglect

This is where I am most content

It is quiet here

I often hear rumblings but mostly I live in silence

In silence, touch becomes essential and sacred, I learn an infinite amount through vibrations alone

My dark home is built of soil and dirt

I am friends with the worms and mycelial threads

Yet I know that the world of light needs me and I need it

Although this dark, fecund, tactile world is my home and my preference, I know that the world of light, sound and sight is just as necessary

In essence, we exist as one

A majestic tree needs deep roots

No comments:

Post a Comment

If I Worship You

O Lord, if I worship You Because of fear of hell Then burn me in hell. If I worship You Because I desire paradise Then exclude me from parad...