Saturday 11 May 2024

A Fragment

The midday sun clothed the grass in robes of golden felicity, generously pouring its radiant honey on the world below

There I reclined, the green field my soft bed for the afternoon

Time had ceased, space had vanished

A rich, blue expanse domed the world, which became a sacred space teeming with animacy

Daisies and buttercups speckled the green grass around us, as my sisters and I made daisy chains, lost in the delicate task

Life was only to be good, reverential and filled with light, despair was never to rear its head

Then I stumbled and fell, as the summer field became more distant

I felt separation, pain and anxiety

I was taught to mimic others, to conform

I was asked to leave my younger soul behind, to march forward with everyone else

Lost and pained, I ran, I didn't know what else to do

I ran and ran until I came upon a familiar place

The trees were intimate and comforting

I rested on the bed of soft grass

As the summer sun poked its head through the clouds, as the birds sang their soul-songs, I noticed the grass was speckled with daisies and buttercups

Inhaling deeply the sweetness of the air, my body flooded with a torrent of emotion

I had returned

No comments:

Post a Comment

Western Values

  A certain narrative ha s become more prominent in recent times , with various well-known proponents . T his narrative tell s us that ...